Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New Discoveries And New Ideas

I am one who is always on the lookout for new discoveries and new ideas. Be it on my travels or just around town, I keep an eye out for interesting stores, appealing restaurants and cafes ... you get my drift. The photo on the left is of one such discovery in Phnom Penh - D's Books. I think that the quote says it all really when it comes to travel.

Anyways, I was at Kota Damansara today for meetings, The Strand at Kota Damansara to be precise. I was punctual - I am always on time, but some of the others were running late, thus I had some time to kill. A rather attractive store signage and window display across from where I was parked caught my eye and piqued my interest. So, into kookoobee I walked. Purveyors of 'Home, Fashion, Lifestyle', the merchandise on display were quirky yet chic, some with relatively affordable price tags. For a recently opened establishment, I thought it a pretty good place for those artistically-inclined. They apparently also offer other creative services, so it will be interesting to see how it evolves when all their products and services are rolled out. I shall request permission for a photo the next time I visit and will report on their development in a future post.

Well, I must have been inspired by the find as both my meetings went well thereafter. The 2nd one in particular, which was with Patrick and Elyse, both uni-mates of mine at Flinders, the former also part of the weddingsmalaysia team. A business idea that I had proposed to them some months back has been gestating all this while but I came away from the meeting with a glimmer of hope that it may actually take flight, on a small scale for a start. Am keeping my fingers crossed! If all goes well, I hope to welcome Elyse into the weddingsmalaysia family soon. There is only so much I can do and an extra pair of hands can do wonders I believe.


Photo of D's Books in Phnom Penh.

No comments:

Post a Comment