Monday, July 6, 2009

Contemplative Mood

I had initially intended to blog about the fact that contrary to popular belief, I do take some time off during my off days to relax and chill ... see photo on the left? Ha ha! But come evening, I found myself in a contemplative mood and thought that perhaps a frivolous, fun VCD would lift my spirits somewhat.

2 choices were before me - an episode of 'Mind Your Language' or 'Confessions Of A Shopaholic'. I decided on the latter since my colleague at That Special Occasion, Louisa, had mentioned about the series of books that she was reading. Indeed, it was lighthearted, even endearing. Having said that, the movie still left me in a contemplative mood, albeit a more positive one. You see, the auction scene towards the end of the movie where the protagonist had to reluctantly part with her green scarf struck a chord. Letting go of something dear may be diffult, be it a loved one, a business venture gone bad or perhaps a cherished aspiration that is impossible to fulfill. However, by letting go, we free ourselves from binds that stagnate us and allow ourselves to open new doors and embrace new opportunities. And who knows, what we let go may just return in a better, more appreciative form.

For those of you who have watched the movie, well, you now know that I am a sucker for good endings!


Poolside at the Royal Lake Club in Kuala Lumpur.

4 comments:

  1. Was going to watch Shopaholic last night too but other half persuaded me to play Lego Star Wars on Wii instead. A lot of fun too. I love the Shopaholic books cause it's hilarious and Becky Bloomwood really does have a heart of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is good to watch a movie that doesn't need too much thinking and we can just be amused and enjoy it for what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched that on the plane last month. She is very endearing, so believable. I agree with you that letting go is the passport to whole new opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes easier said than done though ... haha!

    ReplyDelete