Friday, February 5, 2010

Childhood Snacks

I am a sentimental person. When I come across someone or something that triggers a good memory, I often try to re-live the moment, if possible. Even something as frivolous as a satay-fish snack!

I was in a snack food shop in Ipoh on Sunday and out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of the satay-fish snack, the ones that I lined up to buy at the canteen during my primary school days. It may not be wholesome food but it is what it is, a delightful and fond reminder of the good times of childhood. A time when we snacked on whatever caught our fancy. No thoughts of calories, no thoughts of cholesterol, no concern of whether the ingredients were healthy. We like, we eat.

So, I bought a whole pack. That was last Sunday. I kept it like treasure and only finally brought it out to savour last evening. The entire pack was almost gone in less than 10 minutes. Need I say more!


Photo shot in Ipoh, Malaysia.

1 comment:

  1. Beware of thread worms. Amelia loves the stuff, but as a kid, I think I was more of a twistee kid (red or green, not brown)

    ReplyDelete