Friday, February 12, 2010

Lady Of The Night

They haven't bloomed in a while but they're doing really great these past couple of days leading up to Chinese New Year. Mum asked me to take a few photos of them - Lady Of The Night - my dad's favourite plant. Lai Lin more eloquently describes the plant in her comment to my post Eulogy To Dad. All I know is that they emit a wonderful fragrance when night falls and a whiff of it often reminds us of my dad. Auntie Helen would concur.

I suppose the blooms come at a good time. We celebrate Chinese New Year without dad's physical presence this year but somehow I feel he is with us - through memories, through the little occurrences that remind us of him.

Tomorrow night we will go ahead with the reunion dinner that my dad had planned with 2 of his siblings, Auntie Anne and Uncle Chee Peng. Pretty apt I think. Life goes on, celebrating family ties, as my dad would have wanted.


Photo of Lady Of The Night in our little garden at home.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! We were talking about your dad last night too. We feel like he's here with us still and happy that we're going on with the dinner tonight. =)

    ReplyDelete