Monday, February 15, 2010

Temple Visit

I pay a visit to the Thean Hou Temple every Chinese New Year. I went early this morning to avoid the crowds. There is much to pray for. My friends who have been to temples with me whilst on holiday will know that I take my time as I have lots to ask for! My prayer list is a pretty long one.

Naturally, it is extra festive at Thean Hou this time of year. Lanterns are in abundance, so are the various Gods and Deities to pray to. Sincere and thoughtful requests will hopefully be answered in time.

I come away from such a visit with a sense of faith, a sense of hope. A certain level of serenity, a certain amount of acceptance. And a belief that there are only better days ahead.


Photo shot outside the prayer hall at Thean Hou Temple in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment