Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Helen's Take

For as long as I can remember, since childhood actually, Auntie Helen has been part of the Wong extended family. She and my Auntie Anne have been friends for decades and she is regarded as part of the family. In fact my dad often referred to Auntie Helen as his defacto sister. She is on the list for every family gathering, every celebration.

Here are some of Auntie Helen's thoughts on my dad, in response to some of the comments that my post Eulogy To Dad generated ..........

Reading Lai Lin's words brought a huge lump to my throat. Yes. Your dad was not only a good gardener, he was a very generous man too. He freely gave away his treasured plants to all who asked. When I moved back to the city to live, I had to leave behind the basil plant, the pandan leaves and the fragrant lady-of-the-night. A whiff of the scent and memories will come flooding back. A lot of people out there are not aware that your dad was a very good singer. I will miss him, his smile, his jokes ..............


Photo of Auntie Helen shot at Passion Road during Auntie Mary's 70th birthday celebration in October 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment