Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cappadocia

'U havta do the balloooonnnnn', Alex kept telling me on Facebook. The balloon meant taking a flight on a hot air balloon over Cappadocia in Turkey, at sunrise. I had been toying with the idea and was undecided, partly due to a lack of time in my itinerary, partly due to the need to wake up at the ungodly hour of 4.50am and partly due to a fear of heights no less.

At the risk of missing out and the wrath of those who have done so before me, I decided to take the ride. Getting out of bed so early, in the cold weather was a chore, but what followed was an amazing experience. Photos can only tell so much of a story; it is the experience that stays with us.

The stunning landscapes viewed from above, the mutual exhilaration felt by my fellow passengers and I despite the language barrier, all add up to a wonderful memory and a tale that will be recounted many a time.


Photo shot from my balloon in Cappadocia, Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment