Thursday, May 20, 2010

No Regrets

I was listening to Caroline Oh interview Michelle Kwok on BFM earlier this evening and the latter remarked about living life without regrets. That's something that I believe one should aspire to achieve.

We all have our ups and downs. We come to crossroads every once in a while. We make rash decisions, rightly or wrongly. We sometimes hold on to the past, knowing full well that we should move forward instead. Optimistic. Overly cautious. We take the bull by the horns and assume control.

The decisions we make in life, the paths we take, shape our destiny. My late father told me 'it is your life to live, live it as you deem fit'. Positive outcomes are never a guarantee but what is life without taking some risks. For me personally, the key is to be accepting of the scenarios that unfold. Accept the good graciously. Acknowledge the not so good and work towards improving them. I seldom look back and ask 'what if'? Instead, I rely on family and friends to keep me grounded, to keep me optimistic, to assure me of the wonderful things life has to offer, to remind me that time is precious and is not to be wasted.


My sister Suk Harn, mum and I at Lantau Island in Hong Kong.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful reminder. Alex and I live with this idea of no regrets in life too! We only have 1 life to live. And at the end of the day, I want to know that it was well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, life is harsh, but life goes on~ ~ ~ ~ :D

    ReplyDelete