Saturday, May 8, 2010

Going With The Flow

Good things don't always come easy, much that we would like them to. Sometimes patience is necessary. Effort is required. Understanding is imperative. Knowing it and practising it is altogether a different proposition, for me anyway.

I am one who likes immediate results, instant gratification. Always have been, always will be. I create problems for myself sometimes because of this trait. Projects fizzle, friendships hit a snag, all because I may not have been sufficiently patient. I realise that at times, one just has to go with the flow and let the future unfold.

But I am also someone who knows when to say stop, when enough is enough. Contradicting it may be, this attribute has served me well too. I know when it is time to call it quits on a venture that is not showing results, when a friendship has reached a dead end. These decisions are not made lightly, however impatient I may be. Letting go of the no good allows much opportunity to explore greener pastures. But there are occasions where more time is needed for potential outcomes to flourish, that I know too. Perhaps this is one such moment. I just need to take on a more relaxed attitude, much like when on holiday.


Photo shot in Antalya, Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment