Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Relatives In Hong Kong Part 2

I concluded my trip to Hong Kong with a dinner hosted by my mum's cousin and 2 nieces who live there. Relatives from my mother's side of the family are extremely warm, be it those in Hong Kong or those in Nam Tong, mainland China.

I have my cousins' numbers on my mobile and it is always hilarious when we text each other, I in English and they in Chinese, with my uncle in Malaysia acting as translator. Back and forth we will go forwarding messages. The necessary effort to keep in touch which is well worth it.

And when the texting gets a bit tedious, I just dial their numbers and chat in person. Fortunately they speak Cantonese, which is of course a great relief.


Photo with relatives in Hong Kong from my mum's side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment