Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Insulted

I've been in the wedding business for 10 years, well almost, and never have I been so insulted. A mother-of-the-bride today accused me of using remnant fabric from an old gown to create her daughter's evening gown. I did not hide my displeasure when I retorted 'we do not do such things'.

Now, if she had not been a client of a wedding planner who is a good friend of mine, I would have told her to 'terbang wau' and leave immediately. This is a case in point where I should have turned down the job when it was offered to me months ago. The vibes were already not great then but I took it on because of my relationship with the wedding planner.

Last week, I put this up on Facebook ...... Kris Wong is going to consciously and politely turn away potential clients whose attitudes he doesn't fancy or whose entourages he can't stomach, don't need the stress ....... today's encounter is a catalyst for me to put this into practice sooner rather than later!


Photo of Louisa and I with models in That Special Occasion creations.

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear... some people they just said it when they're in anger.. >.< Be strong Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is pretty much hard enough without having more drama from such clients. It's funny how some people just assume that just coz they are a paying customer they have the right to hurl such words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only have one word for it...Kurang Ajar! Don't bother with the ignoramus kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me ... but what a cow! Good on ya tho, for staying so calm.

    ReplyDelete