Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cold Turkey

I think I am going cold turkey from missing Turkey. 8 days is a relatively short period of time to visit a country but Turkey has left a lasting impression on me. The beauty bestowed on the country by Mother Nature speaks for itself, for any which way one turns in many a place, one is greeted by a postcard perfect setting.

I suppose the beautiful spring weather, particularly in Antalya and Istanbul, contributed to the positive experience. The strong sun and warm weather in the former was great for sunbathing and swimming in the Mediterranean whereas the cooler days in the latter albeit still with much sun, made walking to the various sights comfortable and having tea alfresco watching the world go by very enjoyable. I also made a few friends while in Cappadocia, fellow tourists whose company I was privileged to have enjoyed. We are keeping in touch and will surely share a tale or two from time to time.

On a similar note, I find myself re-tracing my footsteps whilst in Turkey every once in a while since I've been back home, and the flashbacks more often than not bring a smile to my face. I went solo on this trip and I found myself telling a friend that perhaps visiting Turkey with someone special would have made the experience even more profound. Well, who knows what the future may hold. But till then, I'd always welcome another trip there, solo or otherwise.


Photo shot from the deck of the hotel where I stayed in Cappadocia, Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment