Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Relatives In Hong Kong

I've been in Hong Kong for the past couple of days with my family. An extension of my birthday trip but primarily to meet relatives here from my dad's as well as my mum's sides of the family. I leave for home in a couple of hours and I'll say mission accomplished.

Meeting relatives for the first time can be awkward but all went smoothly. Warmth and camaraderie, catalysts for newly formed relationships with cousins and renewal of ties with aunts, uncles and a grandaunt.

I already have a pretty large extended family in Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, mainland China, the UK and the US. I can now add Hong Kong to the list. I am definitely one who values family ties.


Photo of relatives in Hong Kong from my dad's side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment