Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Biz Partner Anna

I miss my business partner Anna sometimes. I say sometimes because I am a very decisive person, and while she's been on sabbatical for almost 20 months now, I've been charging ahead with new projects with my usual gusto and at 5th-gear rate. Anna is a great partner as she gives me carte-blanche and the independence required to steer our ventures. I always consider myself very fortunate to be in business with someone who is on the same wavelength when it comes to loyalty, mutual trust and respect.

Whilst Hong Kong is not too far for occasional trips back home, we mainly rely on email and Facebook to keep in touch, with the occasional phone call when I need to vent. Anna is pretty good at sensing when such phone calls are necessary. We joke that she is my long distance shrink! 2 heads with thinking caps on are without a doubt better than 1. So, when I hit a bump business-wise, it is a relief to have someone to shoulder the burden, even if it's just through some words of encouragement.

Good thing is, I snap out of these gloomy spells rather quickly and before you know it, I am back at my usual frenetic pace. All this while knowing that Anna is just a phone call away.


Photo of That Special Occasion, floral decor courtesy of Arada Designs.

2 comments:

  1. Thought you are getting re-charged. But good to know you're down but not out.

    Anyway, did you get my sms that I've found the fish ball stall (ex Dang Wangi). She's got a stall in a coffee shop in Chow Yang area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, I meant to call you back about the fish ball stall. We do lunch one of these days.

    ReplyDelete