Monday, August 3, 2009

The Olive Tree

Being loyal and supportive are traits that I value, whether in my work or in my personal life. 2 friends of mine recently ventured into the restaurant business. Having had some F&B experience from the days when I was working in the hospitality industry, I know firsthand what a challenge such a venture presents. I am not one to pour cold water on entrepreneurial endeavours; I offer my 2 cents of what I think the potential pitfalls are and then I try to provide support and encouragement as best I can.

Cordelia and Ken Bin's cafe - The Olive Tree - is located at Damansara Intan, next to the spanking new Tropicana City Mall. Just minutes from my home, I make it a point to drop in for a meal whenever my schedule permits, mostly with friends. These lunch-dates of mine will then have the opportunity to make up their own minds about whether it is worthwhile to make the cafe a regular haunt of theirs. Case in point, I was there for brunch earlier today with a friend. Both of us live within the vicinity, so suggesting we meet at The Olive Tree was a no brainer. From time to time, I also offer suggestions and ideas. Another case in point, I am friendly with the people behind The QGuides, so I try to link them up (for all you foodies out there, The QGuides is a website you should check out).

As with any new venture, moral support is vital. I hope whatever little efforts I have made and shall continue to make will in some small way contribute to its future success.


Photo of The Olive Tree.

2 comments:

  1. Liked their decor. Ha Ha - what a coincidence that it matched the outfit I had on that day. But was too busy catching up & enjoying our chat to notice the rest of the menu. It is a nice change to my usual Starbucks visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK let's make it a point not to meet at Starbucks then in future.

    ReplyDelete