Friday, August 21, 2009

To Reciprocate

To reciprocate is a practice that I hold in high regard. If people treat you well, then treat them well in return. A simple notion, isn’t it? I try to do this, though I don’t always succeed, but by and large, I think I do pretty well, putting others first, albeit only for those who are deserving.

It is on this premise that I made the effort to round up a few friends to celebrate Danny’s birthday over dinner 2 nights ago. The ‘Cesar Ritz’ gang – originally consisting of Danny, Phoebe, Patricia, Faizol and I; now including Sonya, Faizol’s other half – tries to celebrate one another’s birthday every year. We keep it intimate, just the few of us, probably because conversation flows much more freely among friends who share a common bond. The only one missing? Patricia who is now living in Brisbane. Still, we have a good time and include her in our thoughts.

Now, if only every one of our friends, if only everyone that we deal with at work, subscribed to the ideal of reciprocating. It would certainly make our lives so much more rewarding, so much less stressful and our relationships so much more gratifying. So, have you done a good deed for someone deserving lately?


Photo of (L to R) Phoebe, Wesley, Chloe, Sonya, Danny, Faizol and Kris at Alexis in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment