Friday, August 28, 2009

A Daydream A Day

The thing about going back to work after a holiday is that you wish you were still on holiday. The 1st day back is always the worst for me as a pile of paperwork often awaits. The thought of having to sift through the orders, contracts, invoices, vouchers and the like, snaps me back to reality-mode almost instantly.

Whilst I am pretty good at getting back into the groove of things work wise, the mind still wanders from time to time, re-living some of the happy moments of the most recently concluded trip.

I have been advised that the best remedy for the glum is to start planning the next holiday. In the meantime, I will rely on my sister Suk Harn's relatively new blog. Named Suk Harn's Perspectives, a new photo is uploaded on a daily basis, showcasing some of the places where she has had the good fortune of traveling to. For me, these photos are a means for a quick daydream, catalysts to help maintain our happy state-of-mind.


Photo of Glenelg in South Australia, courtesy of Wong Suk Harn.

2 comments:

  1. Kris - All the best in settling back to work. Perhaps listen to some appropriate music. That may just work :)

    Dom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Dom. I am back into work fullswing and in a good frame of mind. The holiday definitely did me some good.

    ReplyDelete