Thursday, August 20, 2009

Buzz

These 2 gowns have been generating quite a bit of buzz lately for That Special Occasion. Designed by my colleague Louisa, they were specially created for the launch of The Wedding Planners in Cambodia earlier this month. I gave her a free hand. My only criteria were that they should make an impression on our potential clients in Phnom Penh where the launch was held, reflect the deft touches of her Parisian training and showcase the simplicity and sophistication expected of a That Special Occasion gown. Such benchmarks I felt would then make it easier for The Wedding Planners to market our services to their potentially high-end Cambodian clientele.

Having not been at the event personally, I rely on feedback from my fellow industry colleagues who made the trip there, and all have been positive. Apparently, both Louisa and the gowns received rave reviews from the Cambodian guests and media alike. Now back in Kuala Lumpur, the gowns have also drawn admirable glances from brides-to-be who visit our design studio.

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Louisa met the challenge I entrusted her with much success. I hope that these designs will adorn some of our local brides soon.


Photo courtesy of Bonnie Yap Wedding Photography.

1 comment:

  1. You are right Kris, I am sure Louisa will make look good & make me happy. But must remind her, I am not the bride but just one of the guests ;)

    ReplyDelete