Tuesday, August 18, 2009

White Water Rafting

I had my first taste of white water rafting a couple of years ago when my friend Danny and I headed to Kiulu during one of my trips to Kota Kinabalu. This time round, I went down the same river again with another group of friends. We had initially planned to do either Padas or Liwagu but plans for both were thrown out the window because of time constraints.

Rain the evening before meant that water levels would be higher and we were in for an exhilarating time. Being terribly sunburnt from island hopping 2 days earlier, I also felt the cold water would do my skin some good! The thing about taking on a not-too-challenging river is that one gets to enjoy it more I reckon. There is less pressure, there are opportunities for silly antics during languid stretches, and we also get to appreciate the scenery more.

On a more serious note, white water rafting is one of those activities that reinforces one's belief that teamwork is paramount in many aspects of our daily lives. We rely on one another to keep us safe, we encourage each other to keep pushing forward, we ultimately achieve an aspiration together as one. Food for thought no?


Photo shot at Kiulu, Sabah.

No comments:

Post a Comment