Monday, October 5, 2009

Gleaning Ideas

I was at the Hotel Nikko Kuala Lumpur wedding fair yesterday. It is always an eye-opener when I get the opportunity to meet wedding vendors for the first time. I obtain a fresh perspective, learn a bit about new products and services available in the market, and more importantly, get the chance to be acquainted with a wider pool of industry professionals. It is also nice to catch up with old friends and share some news on the happenings in our lives and work.

As an editor, it is necessary to keep abreast of the latest developments and fairs such as this are a good avenue to glean new ideas. Friends from the industry often make fun in jest about my going round taking snapshots with my Canon IXUS. These images will at some point make it into either our wedding publications, portal or blog.

I also take the occasion to pick up on new trends propagated by the industry experts, evaluate the feasibility of implementing such concepts on a larger scale and then decide if they will make it into our editorial content.


No comments:

Post a Comment