Saturday, October 10, 2009

Newfound Respect

I have always maintained, and it is common knowledge, that whilst the wedding industry is a pretty big one, the practitioners are relatively close-knit. In doing what we do, we cannot operate alone. The nature of the business is such that we will have to cooperate and coordinate with fellow industry colleagues at some point or another, be it vendors, publishers or any party who has an interest in our line of work. Being petty and narrow-minded is therefore a silly attitude to adopt.

I have had my fair share of spats with those in our industry. But once we iron out our differences and an ‘olive branch of peace’ is accepted, we put the disagreement behind us and move forward. There is no reason why we cannot work together once we see eye-to-eye again. I can attest to this as I enjoy good working relationships with most, even those whom I previously had rows with.

I have newfound respect for a business associate who earlier this year approached me to collaborate, someone whom I did not always concur with. We agreed to put the past behind us and we have embarked on an alliance to promote each other’s services, bundled together. Things have been going well and a recent incident was proof that we can indeed develop good working relationships if we are loyal to one another, hold true to reciprocal principles and business ethics, and practise common decency. Do unto others what you would have others do unto you. I think that says it all really.


Photo of ring pillows by That Special Occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment