Monday, December 7, 2009

Attention To Detail

In my line of work, be it publishing magazines or designing gowns, attention to detail is of much importance. We are dealing with one of the most important milestones of a person's life, and everything should be as perfect as can realistically be.

As someone who is naturally observant and a stickler for detail, I sometimes, correction, I almost certainly get extremely irritated when the people who work alongside me make careless mistakes. Don't get me wrong, as by and large, my team is great. However, sometimes, the silliest errors become catalysts for bigger, unwarranted problems. I have not been at my patient best the past week, and my staff have borne the brunt of my scathing dressing-down. I have been on the verge of throwing a massive fit; thank goodness for the weekend.

Tomorrow is the start of a new working week. I have told myself to be more laid-back and a wee-bit more patient. Let's see how long I can keep that up. First item on the agenda, getting my point across that doing a job well on the first attempt negates the necessity of re-doing it. Common sense, no?


Gown by That Special Occasion, photo courtesy of Andy Chin Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment