Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009 is one that is bitter-sweet. So much has happened since last Christmas, some for the better, some for the worse. Life throws us curve balls from time to time, and all we can really do is to deal with them. They make life interesting, offering us pleasant surprises at times, forcing us to summon up courage at others.

What I have learnt these 12 months is to hold on to wonderful memories of the past firmly and remember them fondly, to appreciate the present and those who lend meaning to my life, to look to the future with much optimism, to stay fit, healthy and to work towards attaining the many more goals that I have yet to achieve.

Last Christmas was one where I was contented and exultant. I may not be as elated this year, but I am hopeful. Hopeful that the new year which will soon be upon us will be one that brings much more positive sentiments, hopeful that my family and friends who have taken ill will be on the road to recovery, hopeful that my career and work will be on the upswing, hopeful that the missing links in my life will fall into place. In the meantime, here's wishing all of you a blessed Christmas and season's greetings for a happy new year.


Photo of Christmas ornaments on my friends, Cordelia and Ken Bin's tree.

3 comments: