Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Choices

I don’t normally follow Grey’s Anatomy. I just happened to be sitting in front of the TV having dinner last evening when my sister was watching an episode of Season 3 on DVD. In that particular episode, Meredith and Derek discuss the need for the former to make a choice.

We are faced with having to make choices every day. Be it a work or a private matter, we consider, we assess, we weigh the consequences, we deliberate some more if necessary, and we decide, we make that choice. I am a decisive person which fortunately means I don’t procrastinate when I have to make my mind up. Do I regret my past choices? No. They were the right decisions to take at those particular points in time. Do I wish that circumstances were such that I wouldn’t have had to make certain decisions? Of course.

I still think of some situations where I wonder if things could have turned out differently if I had chosen the other path. But we live with our choices, we take responsibility for our actions and we accept the resultant outcomes. As long as we remain true to ourselves, there shouldn’t be any regrets, only a conviction that we have made the right choice. Now .......... which pair of jeans to buy?


Photo of Armani Exchange window shot at The Gardens, Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree, no regrets! On a shallower note, how can you NOT watch GA? Am a total GA fan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. nice twist. So did you buy the jeans? I always take the first one that caught my eye, and fits.. Instinct, intuition, gut, whatever, it's always the best choice. Start analysing and you're in for trouble.

    ReplyDelete