Friday, September 18, 2009

Sugar Rush

I think I'll be in need of 'pick-me-ups' quite often in the ensuing months. Not only will I need to contend with editorial deadlines for the 2010 issue of weddingsmalaysia and the peak wedding season at That Special Occasion, there are family matters to attend to as well. What do they say ... when it rains, it pours?

I try not to worry. My motto? Deal with it. Staying upbeat helps me cope. And when all else fails, a sugar rush is all I need to improve my disposition. Yes, I have a sweet tooth. Why else would I choose a photo of doughnuts to accompany this post.

The thing is, we come face to face with daunting challenges from time to time. Yes, worrisome some of them are, especially those which we have no direct control over. So, I say a prayer and let fate take its course. C'est la vie.


Photo shot at breakfast at G Hotel, Penang, Malaysia.

2 comments:

  1. One thing I do miss about Malaysia, it's the deep fried dougnuts with sugar. I'm not a big fan of Krispy Kreams, though I will eat them if I don't have anything else, but I always prefer asian dougnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly 2 months to go WK! I'll find out where we can find traditional doughnuts i.e. coffee shop or hawker rather than Dunkin or J Co.

    ReplyDelete