Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ambition And Hope

I was rummaging through my VCDs earlier this evening; yes I like having my dinner in front of the TV, actually my notebook to be precise. Anyways, got my hands on Center Stage. It has always been one of the few to watch when I am in need of some 'feel-good vibes'. The plot revolves around a group of young men and women who work their butts off, in tights and tutus no less, trying to secure a place in the American Ballet Company.

Above all the drama - ambition, fulfilling aspirations, relationships gone wrong, relationships made right, eating disorders, meeting parents' expectations, taking risks and of course great choreography of dance sequences - lies a simple lesson. That we must acknowledge our talent, embrace it, nurture it, work hard to enhance it. With a little bit of luck and sometimes being at the right place at the right time, it can lead to great things.

We must remain hopeful that something good will come out of our efforts. See what the shop sign says?


Photo shot at Jalan Dewi Sita in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kris... stumbeld upon ur blog! hehe... stil remember me the Body Balance instructor Sharon? shall b one of ur blog reader now on.. hehehe...
    Bout the CenterStage... loved that movie... n i used to learn ballet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you visit my blog Sharon! Yes, I have been rather slack with Body Balance but have been to a number of Body Combat classes of late. Hope to bump into you one of these days, sooner rather than later! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete