Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Little Prayer

I have fond memories of 'Church Of The Immaculate Conception' in Pulau Tikus, Penang. I was best man for 2 of my good friends, first Ken Bin and later his brother Ken Lin, both of whom took their marriage vows at this house of worship.

I decided to drop by again on Sunday while I was in Penang for business. Though not a Christian, I went to say a little prayer for another good friend's father who passed away on Saturday. Circumstances were such that I did not make it back to Kuala Lumpur in time for the wake and funeral services but still wanted to pay my respects in my own way.

The events of last weekend and the past few days have made me realise more so than ever that we should live life to the fullest. Good or not so good, we ought to accept what life throws at us. Enjoy the good, deal with the not so good, and embrace all that life has to offer.


Photo of Church Of The Immaculate Conception in Pulau Tikus, Penang, Malaysia.

1 comment:

  1. Yeap... I’ve learned that we have two choices when it comes to facing life’s obstacles: let them defeat you, or take the opportunity to learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete