Friday, September 4, 2009

Waiting Game

I hate to wait. Those who work with me know this for a fact. If I encounter a problem, I like to resolve it quickly. When I receive an inquiry, I respond immediately if possible, if not, then within the same day; if I stall, it is very likely due to strategic reasons. Similarly, I like to be served promptly when dining in a restaurant, and if I go for a medical checkup, I’d rather have the results sooner than later. This also extends to friendships and relationships; I only make time for those who are serious and committed. That’s just me. Snobbish I am not, being practical and a realist are what describe me best.

When one is in the company of friends, one can be true to oneself without being judged. Fingers tapping on the table are a sign of my impatience and my friends humour me from time to time by speeding things up. Impatience however can be a good thing too. I am punctual, I get things done fast, I seldom procrastinate and I am decisive. I get straight to the point at meetings and do not beat round the bush to get my opinion across.

I hope I am not perceived as arrogant. Time is scarce and waits for no one. See the photo on top? What happens if we are pedestrian? Well, the ice cream melts, that’s what. Need I say more?


Photo of dessert at Café Bali in Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia.

2 comments:

  1. Well said! How I wish there are many more peeps like yourself out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should exchange notes Amelia. You have a great blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete