Friday, September 11, 2009

Staying Calm

I can get highly-strung at work at times. Come to think of it, my staff would say that I am highly-strung all the time. I don't start my days off in such a bad state of mind. The irritants are the culprits that get me going down the path of being a grump.

My ideal workday? The seamstresses would have completed all that have been tasked to them to perfection, or at least almost to perfection. Clients who are decisive and know what they want, who appreciate our efforts and trust our judgement. On the publishing front, advertisers who submit materials in a timely manner, designers who get the layouts right and who make the effort to see if copy makes sense. Fruitful appointments with clients, a nice lunch, afternoon tea with an industry colleague perhaps. A gym session or swim.

The challenge for me really is to stay calm and positive when things do not go according to plan. Believe me when I say I can rant. It is during such times that my staff often remind me ........ 'Why aren't you practising The Secret?' And that's when I start going ... 'Positive thoughts! Positive thoughts! Positive thoughts!' Whatever the case may be, suffice to say, my demeanour tends to get better as the day goes by, especially towards the end of the workday. Don't we all?


A serene photo shot at Villa Puri Tirtha, Tanjung Benoa, Bali, Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment