Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cesar Ritz Alumni Gathering

I admire those who run alumni chapters. There is a lot of work involved, and it is all done voluntarily. I therefore make it a point to show my support whenever the opportunity arises.

Last evening, amid the rain and the chaotic traffic on Jalan Tun Razak and Jalan Ampang, I made my way to Penang Village in Great Eastern Mall for the Cesar Ritz Colleges Switzerland Malaysian Alumni Chapter gathering. Viwan Opanukij, Area Manager is in town and what a better place to host a dinner than at a fellow alumni, Connie Su's restaurant.

With all Swiss hospitality graduates as guests, I am sure there must be a bit of pressure on Connie's team, but they always rise to the occasion. The food is consistently superb, portions generous and we are made most welcome. More importantly, we get to reconnect with friends, meet new acquaintances and reminisce about our time in Switzerland. Ain't sure if this is grammatically correct due to my rusty French, but ... c'etait une bonne soiree.


Photo of alumni at Penang Village, Great Eastern Mall in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

1 comment: