Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kindness And Compassion

I have returned to work. The demanding and impatient self is back. Those who work with me seem to think so too. I suppose that is a good sign.

I've been receiving many thoughtful messages via sms, Facebook and email. It is much appreciated and I try to respond personally to each and every one. The ones that stand out in particular, are those from my dad's friends and ex-colleagues, from near and far. A fellow patient even. They speak of how he had touched their lives, in different ways, but in his own inimitable style. The recurring sentiments? Humility, kindness and compassion. I hope to learn a thing or two.

As my mum, sister and I reflect on the past few months leading up to my dad's passing, we have come to realise that there were many coincidences that only now make sense. Like my father, I truly believe in fate and the hand that it deals. Que sera, sera. What we have are wonderful memories to remember him by.


Photo of my dad, mum and I having tea at Hotel Le Royal, during our last holiday together with my father in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment