Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Farewell For Now

The 2 years I spent in Switzerland in the early 1990s were some of the best times of my life. Having returned home, I maintained a close-knit group of friends who shared a common link to L'Institut Hotelier 'Cesar Ritz' where we studied - Danny, Phoebe, Patricia and Faizol.

Patricia has since moved to Brisbane with hubby Robert, and the latest ones to move will be Danny and Phoebe in a few days. Having done stints in Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu at Shangri-La properties, Danny will be assuming the role of Director Of Sales & Marketing at Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian in China.

To wish them well and send them on their way, I hosted a farewell dinner over the weekend. Faizol and wife Sonya joined us, with Patricia 'phoning in' all the way from Brisbane. A silver lining - I've got a new place to visit soon. Meanwhile, there'll be an alumni gathering of Cesar Ritz graduates this Friday, so time to catch up with the others as well.


Photo of Danny, me, Faizol, Chloe, Sonya, Phoebe and Wesley.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kris, Faizol and Sonya for the wonderful farewell dinner for us ;-)

    ReplyDelete