Thursday, January 14, 2010

Go For It vs Make It Sweet

We're almost half a month into 2010! You know what I said about my motto for the year ... Life is short, go for it? Well, I was speaking to a friend today about how fragile life can be, and he reminded me that he replied to my new year sms indicating that my motto should instead be ... Life is short, make it sweet. How very apt.

To make life sweet, one has to be happy. And to be happy, I suppose one has to take chances. So I guess both maxims work. A lesson I learnt this past week is that when one takes chances, one also has to be ready to fall flat on one's face. The upside of course is that all turns out well.

No venture, no gain is what I tell those who are risk-averse. Personally, I feel a risk is worth taking if it means the possibility of a more fulfilled life. Now, isn't that what we all want?


Photo of a 2010 calendar as a wedding favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment