Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Second Wind

2010 marks the 10th year since my biz partner Anna and I started That Special Occasion. Time really flies and we've come a long way. Starting out as acquaintances and business partners, my relationship with Anna has evolved into a trusting, caring friendship. She will tell you that it has not been easy as I can be pretty difficult to get along with, day in, day out. That I admit. Still, our partnership in business and our personal friendship remain strong, eventhough she's been thousands of miles away in Hong Kong ever since her hubby Arjuna was posted there in early 2008.

Running a business, well, 2 actually including weddingsmalaysia when one's biz partner is away can be challenging. And I have at times been at boiling point. But as they say, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I recently made it a point to watch Valentino : The Last Emperor. It is the sort of movie one needs to watch when one is in need of some inspiration - that when passion meets creativity, a fulfilling career is possible.

Who knows what the future holds as our businesses continue to progress. Almost nothing is for certain as fate has its own way of working itself out. But one thing is for sure, I feel that I have got my second wind, and it's going to be one hell of a ride ahead.


Image of Valentio : The Last Emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment