Thursday, January 7, 2010

Taking Chances

I am a practical person by nature. I very much rely on common sense. It's a good thing and it has served me well. But there are times, when common sense goes out the window and one has to go with gut-feel. Although at polar opposites, I trust my instincts too. The trick is to find a fine balance between the two.

The same applies to taking chances. I take calculated risks after much thought and consideration. However, to truly live life, I believe sometimes, one has to take chances, one has to do what one has to do, even if it goes against the grain. No venture, no gain I suppose. It is easier said than done though, and I am always mindful that fate has its own way of influencing the outcome of one's life. So, I keep a lookout for signs, little things that give me a nudge and make me take notice of what's possible.

We are a few days into the new year and I have decided to dedicate this year to taking chances. We'll see what life has in store for me.


Photo of fried tarantula which I did try when in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment